M. Gordon Publishing Group, Inc. (MGPG) was founded in 1995 and has a history of building businesses around expert knowledge. The company focuses on multiple industries including financial markets, fitness, and has rapidly expanded in the digital marketing industry.
This is a senior-level, virtual position that involves the digital fitness industry. You will be responsible for overseeing the digital fitness product line that grew over 1600% last year and has onboarded over 100,000 paying customers during that period of time.
MGPG’s Director of Email Marketing will be responsible for:
- Rapidly growing highly qualified email lists in the digital fitness industry
- List growth
- List nurturing
- Professional email copywriting
- Working with editorial to deliver high-quality content to our lists
- Assuring a high ROI from the lists through offers made for the products and services that directly relate to the readers of our newsletters
- Applying best practices maintaining high integrity to the lists
The person in this role will contribute to the growth, profitability, and innovation of MGPG through the strategic development of email messaging inclusive of marketing, triggered, and operational email programs.
This role will maintain and enhance our existing email marketing and messaging strategy with a focus on increased segmentation, relevancy, and qualified email database acquisition that achieve brand, consumer, and commerce performance goals.
Email Marketing Responsibilities
- Rapidly drive the growth of multiple lists in multiple industries applying the company’s list building strategy
- The ability to grow the lists through multiple channels including organic and paid digital, and organic and paid social.
- Drive email strategy with content, relevancy, smart segmentation, and personalization to drive revenue
- Develop weekly, monthly, analytics reporting on email performance
- Plan, set up, and implement A/B tests based on recognized practices in order to optimize open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates
- Drive strategy to increase engagement and acquisition across all email streams; including re-engagement, drip campaigns, transactional emails, and lifecycle marketing
- Leverage data to prioritize initiatives, including building projections and working to ensure accurate measurement and evaluation of efforts
Email Marketing Requirements
- Most important – You must demonstrate to us that you have a proven record of rapidly growing and maintaining highly qualified email lists
- Minimum of three years of email marketing list building experience
- A thorough understanding of automated marketing campaigns and best practices
- Use data to identify opportunities to engage with members as well as to optimize segmentation and targeting strategies
- Strong HTML and testing/validation skills
- Google Analytics experience
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and Email/SMS/Push best practices
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and the Google Equivalents.
- Demonstrated success working remotely with team members located across different time zones
This is a full-time remote position.
The individual will need to be available to work between 8am – 5pm ET.
This is a contract position to start with the opportunity to turn into a full-time position.
Compensation DOE. Please include your salary requirements with your cover letter.